Moody Monday

Something that I always try to keep away from, and something I always hate to admit.....
Its that something which often people close to me experience. They are my mood swings, emotional alliances and my state of the art anger.  Moods???? Hmmmmm...... if you ask my friends they would describe me as unpredictable and very moody. Its true though, I am immensely moody, and “sometimes ” I am in my own world, you may call it my dream world, but I prefer calling it my comfort zone. When I want my privacy, its hard for me to listen what crap people talk about, even if its something that interests me... its like that and sometimes I end up hurting people unknowingly.  I don’t care a damn though!

I want my space, without it I can’t do. Like today, a very late Monday morning. I woke up at half past ten, then I sat on the bed for sometime thinking (Can’t remember any of it though, I suppose it was all useless). Then I headed straight to the living room, I could see my dad getting ready for the office he was about to leave, my mum told me to go in the kitchen and see if the tea was ready and pick up my coffee too. In a trance like state I turned half way to the kitchen, saw tea boiling picked up my coffee mug, and saw how beautiful a morning it was(Not that nice okay, anyways without rain it can’t be). Then I propped up on the couch with my coffee mug reading newspaper.. Ah! A bliss.

Getting up whenever you want, doing anything your heart demands, and ultimate thing lazing and sleeping as much as I want. I always want this type of life, but then I realise it can’t be, so I make it a point to enjoy whenever I can. Then my dad gave a pleasant look to me (As if thinking, oh my daughter after all woke up, thank god! And how early :P)as I sat there reading and went off to office without another word. As my mum closed the door behind her, she started, “Useless kids you all are, Tannya I told you to switch off the gas, now the tea have spilled out on the kitchen platform everywhere, you are always in some dream land, thinking god knows what!” A pause. I gave a sigh of relief wondering at the same time if I heard her tell me to switch off the gas, it actually didn’t register in my mind, I was quiet knowing fully that a storm was about to hit the shores of my morning bliss, I did not want mum to ruin it now, no ways not now, please I was almost pleading!! “Now I know what this daddy’s princess will do(She always calls me this whenever angry), read newspaper then listen to songs on your laptop and chat with your friends and blah blah......” Oh god!!! I should have expected this, but....she interrupted my thoughts “Now what ha?? You’ll quickly get up and get ready, gather all your clothes strewn all over, I want to see them on the bed neatly folded right away, did you understand???? ” I was thinking what this was meant for, common I don’t even remember where all my clothes are kept, some here some there, some I even forget if they exist :P :P

But yes I was nodding, that's what I usually do, for I am at a loss for words. I had to rush off with my readings, can you imagine reading with a opera like noise going on and that too shouting on you...huh! “You know all the tea is wasted now, I’ll have to make it again, and you are still reading that newspaper, god what will happen of you. I don’t know what careless type of doctor you are going to be. Don’t forget to stitch the skin after surgery, the patient will die. Oh god!!! ”

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!! Where is all this going, my goodness!!! We both are asking the  god for help, I wonder what even he must be thinking. “Mum, listen! I don’t remember you telling me about the gas thing okay so please stop, its driving me crazy.” I said,gathering courage. “What you little stupid!!! Don’t you remember? I told you so clearly, now get up and gather your clothes, everyone is so untidy, did you even pack your laptop in its bag last night? It was their on your study table open and on!!!”

This tirade was enough to shut my mouth, and I always forget about packing things and keeping them on their respective places. I was just wishing she would stop, somehow after the morning which was about to get over she’ll be alright, its always so, but such a pain!

“Now Now!!! Can’t you rinse your coffee mug straight away, you’ll have to do everything yourself in the hostel, do you realize that? Its good for people like you!” Now I was seriously worried, my blissful morning was anyway ruined, but I was actually wondering if mum was taking her BP tablets or not, though I did not have the nerve to even ask, in fear of getting a nuclear attack, I was also wondering if my neighbouring auntie was listening to it intently with her maid!!! Gawd!!! Save me!

After sometime all was well, sigh of relief! I already knew it but my blissful Monday morning? L
Let it be I thought. And then came the moody adventure. Well I am bored of talking and texting friends(Confession! Plz don’t kill me), some must be already angry, but the that's how I feel I want it to be. I just couldn’t wait to sit and read the oxford handbook I downloaded the night before, its damn interesting! But something was missing. By now my mum was very normal, arranging all the clothes in my room, and occasionally giving me tid bits in the management, which I was not interested in at all...

By four in  the afternoon she was still at it, scolding me about random things like careless attitude, irresponsible behaviour, and I was absorbed in the reading of my handbook :D
Since a last year or so I have stopped fighting with mum, its drives me nuts and makes things worse, I have learnt my lesson to not voice my opinion about anything even if I am asked for it. I love her still, and I know she loves me too. Its her frustration and her concern, after some days I am not going to be here. I am sure she’ll miss scolding me like she used to before, and my siblings in her camp teasing me supporting mum(rolling their eyes). Our’s is a chaotic family! Thank god dad wasn’t around, or else I would have gone crazy rolling my eyes in those logical arguments which so often seem useless, and I am included unknowingly and asked to take sides(That's the worst part I tell you).

Isn’t my Monday mood a bit funny?! I bet it is :P and plus  mum always around telling you stuff and scolding which I’ll be missing soon. I know I am very unorganised, mess things up often, very often. But that's how I am, sorry can’t change :P




And the greatest answer I give to people now-a-days is astonishingly sweet, my mum laughs at me well even dad does, but they know their daughter is so... Ask me what all preparations have I done, and how much work and what is remaining? Only one answer, sleep sleep and more sleep! My sis is envying me as she has to burn the midnight oil for her half yearly’s while I am just sleeping all day long....

I know my phone which is on silent mode has lots of missed calls, at least six messages reminding me of reply, and angry friends..... well but I am in my own world, a sleepy one a moody one J

A sleepy sleepy day, my moody moody moody Monday!!!! 



Comments

  1. oh! all your mum's worries are irrelevant.. If you don't mind things to be messy, you won't have a thing to worry about in the hostel. :P

    And about texting and all, I totally understand. Have been there for a long time till i gave up my cell phone and got a "lame" landline connection..

    Its really fun.. you don't have to text at all.. And even when someone calls you can say you weren't around.. Its complete freedom.. try it out.. he he he

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats mum's for you... You will not beleive when i ws coming to UK what ORDEAL i had to go through.. learn this that .. od this that
    wahan kaun karega

    Do this .. this is how u do this and all the pallava

    But Thats what mothers do.. GOd bless them...

    Iam sure you will do great and have fun of your time .. but even when you grow up to be 40-50 your mum will still fuss over you :)

    Bikram's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice... n parents are always our (best) critics....
    n ya, hostel teaches u much more than just keeping things in order... It an altogether different independent world...!! ( atlst in my case)
    n w.r.t ur mom, i'd like to say tht dialogue from 'Main hoon na' whch shahrukh khan says to amrita rao just before she calls up kabir bdi...! (sorry i can't remember tht dialog.So try searching it urself.) :P :P :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Wishv: Hehe :D you are very funny!!! :P :P And you are right messy!!
    Thats how hostel is :P

    @Bikram: Yes i agree :)
    Mums will be mums afterall, they never change :P

    @Dhawal: Independent world!!! This smells adventure :D
    And talking about dialogues hehe :D
    you are your filmy best :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. hostel is truly independent... u are all on ur own........
    N there is no stopping to u from anything....
    Aggar tum kuch na karna chaaho..toh bhagwan bhi tumhe majboor ahi karne wala...!!! & movies-They will be the most frequent timepass in hostel life..!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the useful content you provided do help the research for my group, thanks.

    - Lucas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tanvi,

    Nice to know so many things about you..

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...you remind me of my younger sister's moodiness and mom really hate it... wishin' you all the goodness my friend... a blessed sunday!!!:)

    >Kelvin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha this so reminds me of the situations tht i have with mom. I guess all moms are the same. :D And i ebevy u for being able to do what u want to, that too on a Monday morning! Sigh!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Anshul: Haa who else to know better than you?!!! :P :)But you know me, I won't stop laughing about it, you knew each and every step of it,hehe... :D Thanks for reading this long a post :D

    @Dhawal: Well independence and all is fine, won't know till I experience it :P
    But I doubt about movies? :P
    You know I don't watch movies that much, lets see how will it work out.
    And yes I guess you'll tell me more of it, I am expecting more..
    Your cultural fest was great I presume. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Vaisakh: Oh I am really thankful you read this long a post.... And yes wait you'll know more about me... :)

    @Kelvin: Oh wow! You are finally back! And I guess you must be going crazy too because of your sis .. I'll never change and thanks for the kind wishes:)
    So how did your project finally go?
    Hope you enjoyed:D
    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Ria: Heheee I think this happens everywhere :)
    And don't envy me, that day will come when you'll also laze around on a monday morning :):D

    Mine will be over soon, then its going to be damn hectic, I'll have to manage time properly... Now I have no idea how it can be, but soon will know :)
    Thanks for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Monisha: Hey thanks a lot!.. Sure I'll visit.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Do you want to leave me a note?