Farewell

Mumbai love

I have a very long association with this city. From the time it was Bombay, the old name when I was born.  It has changed overtime, from the old city angles to plush malls and lifestyle homes. This city is strange, it fulfils many peoples’ desires, dreams and ambitions. A city can only let you dream, I wonder how it can fulfil them? Though thats not the question to be asked. Something I always tried to find out was why I loved mumbai. Because I was born here, or because I was brought up here, or both, or none???? Question , and number of such questions, but answers none.

I always knew that this is my home, and it will remain so for the rest of my life. I could never think of life out of here, the local trains and the traffic jams are my favourite. Local trains give you a opportunity to observe people from all walks of life, and traffic jams make you aware of life oustide your office or school or college, the jams no doubt create problems but they enable us to observe how people live, in cramped houses, on streets, begging, but still have the great zeal for living and enjoying. We the priviledged just keep on trying to make our future secure and luxurious, the greed never ends, but in that process we miss the simple pleasures of life, we forget to live in the moment.
When we see the street kids jumping in potholes filled with dirty rainwater, we wish we could do that,  social barriers hold us apart. This city has a lot to teach us, only if we observe. I am yet to get the taste of my life, but sometimes reality strikes me hard like a brick. And I get annoyed. One day I will be leaving this place, with a heavy heart, full of beautiful memories and nuances of some people. I kept pondering over the question again and again over these many years I have lived here.

I kept on searching like a stupid when the answer was right in front of me. Its strange how I couldn’t recognise what I was waiting for all these years. And when it came in front of me again in strange circumstances, I doubted it. There is something that instills a trust inspite of being strangers, yes I am talking about the one whom I met just this year. I am thankful to technology and science which connected us. He is that guy who has come here from a different part of india. I didn’t know what clicked but someting did, instantly there was some kind of strange attraction. I still don’t know what may happen to this feeling, but I believe he has come to teach me something. Once his part in my story is over, he’ll go. He is like the wind, once here, next there. He is certaintly a sailor, who won’t drift along the waves, but would carve a special route for himself.

Now when he is here, and I finally met him after waiting for all these years, things are going to change. I may not live here. I am leaving this dream city soon. I think I waited to just meet him, when I did, god decided it was time I left. I would have been happy leaving this place had I not met him, but its strange, now I am feeling sad. This city gave me a gift, oh I hope I will preserve it. I am leaving mumbai soon. And I am going to miss everything of this city, right from the potholes to the windy marine drive. I am ecstatic, but I will come back. Things will change drastically, I am ready to face it. I hope my country remains the same sans the development till I come back. Love you!!!


I am leaving, I am leaving my mumbai love!

God bless us all!

Comments

  1. Your memories will remain here forever..........best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. may god bless u..!!!
    have a happy time with "him"..!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ss: Thanks :)

    @Dhawal: The one you are talking about is no more in my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops!! anyways..have a happier life...!! n homeplace always stays close to our heart... doesnt matter howsoever it is...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Do you want to leave me a note?