Walk, walk all alone



When you wake up and sit on your bed thinking, wondering, that time between dreamy sleep and complete wakefulness you just feel nothing. You feel nothing but you are at peace with everything happening around you simultaneously, without your knowledge.

When you walk at the earliest hour of the day, the darkness that catches the eye, the lights around blurring your vision momentarily, and the snowflakes falling down on you, that is the time when again you feel peaceful.

Then there are those times in the middle of the day when you are walking, tired and thinking and assimilating and dragging through and overloading the brain, when you are restless, ill at ease, and miserable. Hoping that the leaves just might turn green when you return back from class, or the autumn may show its face again....but just somehow, in that terrible momentary confusion of senseless pondering you hope for  the impossible. Sometimes it’s just out of a  little desperation for change, for a different outlook and a new start.


There’s this walk I walk,
From winter to spring,
Hoping every time I walk,
Round the corner there’s someone,
Someone to fast forward the white winter.

I have seen the snow,
For too long now,
I want green to soothe my eyes now,
I have felt the snow settling down on my eyelashes,
Now I want to see the sunset.

The sky has been gloomy,
For too long now,
 I want to see it crystal clear now,
And I want this change,
To distract me from my thoughts,
It’s because I walk,
And I walk all alone.

The darkness surrounding me,
Has made me smile in despair,
The journey I have chosen,
Has shook me by all possible surprises,
I just want a drop to fall,
And create ripples,
‘Cause at last it’s all the same.

There’s this walk I walk,
All alone in the dark.





 

Comments

  1. Looking at a sleeping town
    As the world goes round and round
    Sitting here on my own
    As a king that lost his throne
    We were so in harmony
    But now it is a different key
    Wonder if you played your game
    For some 15 minutes of fame
    Oh...

    ~MLTR
    I walk this road alone


    Cheers,
    Blasphemous Aesthete

    ReplyDelete
  2. a change will come
    sonner or later
    a walk alone might become
    redemption's meander
    as for us, all we have is hope
    and its always wise to hold on-
    to the hope, than give in
    to the tormenting despair..

    tanu just wait and the wait might actually surprise you pleasantly in near future...dont let the not so good stuffs around you grip you so tightly...missing u these day..n loved the poem..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh lala. lets talk about this over dinner or something. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Picture me to itni saari light hai ! How come dark?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope with all the hope I have that spring has arrived melting the white snow!

    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  6. ..if this is the walk you walk the walk then you walk the walk..i wish the tremors of you walk is felt in faraway lands..where they don't walk the walk..
    ..keep walking..keep writing wonderfully.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ..if this is the way** u walk the walk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Do you want to leave me a note?