Untitled poem








 
Faces pass,
People around laugh,
There are talks all around,
Celebrations and fanfare,
Inside I feel dark and listless,
No cheer on face, no plastic smile,
Just tired of the pretense.

I wonder if its depression,
I wonder what’s happening,
I am so not here,
Nothing seems good,
My mind wanders like a butterfly in woods.

A few minutes gives me cheer,
But it only lasts for a little while,
Many things remind of the reality,
People say, “I wish I was you”,
In reality I wish I wasn’t me.

A month passes by like a whirlwind,
When the sorrow is not even accepted,
Time flies and you remain lost,
Scarred for life.

Paths change, destinies die,
Dreams shatter,
Once you lived those,
Now you just die,
Thinking of them.



Comments

  1. hey put up ur shoes of happiness n cheer it uaslf ,y to bother abt d world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anshul: I am alone and there's no escaping to that :) I'll be fine...hopefully :P Thank you pumpkin pie :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anon: Next time post the comment with your name :) Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that it is just a write up.. and has nothing do with your life..

    I wonder if its depression,
    I wonder how I was wrong,
    I am finally here,
    And Everything seems good,

    P.S. -- I'm a bad bad writer..bas, it's an attempt to make you smile. Nevertheless you are entitled to thrash it!

    Cheer up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Prasoon: Hehee your attempt did make me laugh a bit :P It has a lot to do with my messed up life... I wouldn't infact couldn't have written something out of the blue ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Do you want to leave me a note?