Tonight....




Tonight seems to be night of stars,
Of talks fights and another night of being apart,
I wish there was no homework to do,
Just right here only me and you.

It’s that hour of the day,
You know all, how lovely it was, so well,
When we used to walk, chat all the way to the time in sleep I fell,
Today I wish this distance was no bar,
And make our wish, which very well may......

I wish the phones, internet vanished,
The distance which we create may remain,
The train cars and planes banished,
Tonight we would have had one night.

Sneaking out together,
Holding hands going to the river,
Laughing singing and dancing,
Coming back just before the dawn,
And then not waking up next day,
Sleeping all long.

I wish tonight was the night,
All the stars here,
Listen tell this to him,
He may be thinking of me,
Because I know he is also thinking,
 Of the time spent on those crazy nights.

The trees, stars, the lights,
The pole chasing and dark sights,
All here tonight,
I wish today,
It was another of those nights...  



Comments

  1. What a beautifully enchanting night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowo such nights are always welcome ... bring them on :)

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  3. It reminds me of a poem by Pablo Neruda
    Tonight I can write the saddest lines.

    Write, for example, 'The night is starry
    and the stars are blue and shiver in the distance.'

    The night wind revolves in the sky and sings.

    Tonight I can write the saddest lines.
    I loved her, and sometimes she loved me too.


    Nice one Tanvi

    Cheers,
    Blasphemous Aesthete

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Hi
    a journey of thoughts into the past, a wish to feel the nightingales song...

    nice..

    Regards,
    the Silhouette...

    ReplyDelete
  5. amaizing...!!! reminded me of "tonight's gonna be a good night" by black eyed peas... nice one yaar..!!
    pray u get such nights soon...!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful poem...reminded me of one of those nights when all you do is just talk though you may not be physically present you're still with each other !

    The night indeed is dark n enchanting !

    Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful poem...as always.
    I love to read u :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Ria: Hope you liked it.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Bikramjit: Thanks a lot... :) And i feel bad can't visit your blog often...

    ReplyDelete
  11. @@Clueless: Really?! Wow... nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Anshul: Those lines are beautiful and I hope I would be able to write like that someday.. :)Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Rachit: Tonight... :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Harshit: Yep :) Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Hamarivani: Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Dhawal: Oh thanks a ton :P And i don't hope to get such nights please :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Shail: Oh thats so nice... i am glad :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Rakesh: Yep :) Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey, Hi
    when i rad my previous comment i remember the mindset i was in then, but today reading these lines again and seeing it froma differentperspective altogether gives it a new meaning...
    :)

    today it seems more beautiful...

    Regards,
    The Silhouette..

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Harsh: A perspective is all that it takes... the more I read my peoms, the more i dive into their meanings and each day they tell me something new :) :) Thank you :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Do you want to leave me a note?