Down memory lane!


When this week i travelled to india for some urgent work, it was a bit too tiring and also confusing. When i had to decide to go, everyone around me was happy and gay, it was just me who was sad and grey. Then i thought common yaar chill, and i got on with all the preparations, but there was this feeling of something different. Somehow somewhere i felt that this feeling is consfusing, coming at the time when i should be sorted and jolly.. my journey was fine, whenever i saw on the screen about the distance remaining to reach mumbai, i grew more impatient. My dear city, it was like finally i’ll be seeing it after such a long time... the roads, the places, the trains and buses though not so sophisticated, but are awesome.. J  when i was landing on the airport, i saw the queen’s necklace and all the beautifully lighted streets of mumbai, and i thought oh i can’t wait! No more!


I held my breath, it was coming closer, i’ll be soon on the ground where i was born, it was ecstatic! When my flight finally landed, i was  blank, my heart empty, nothingness filled me completely. It was so difficult to make myself realise, it was soo much like being in a deep slumber. I was moving like a robot, i messaged my dad that i landed and it was all so different, different that what i thought it would actually be. Finally when i was out of the airport, i saw my dad,  my mom, my uncle, my grandma and my sis and bro. I hugged my dadi and then mom, it was nice, they were happy i could see but i, inside i was totally blank, in some deep slumber, i tried to get out of it but of no use.....


My stay was half useless, ‘cause i couldn’t enjoy, don’t know why.... something was missing something was not right, the way i left mumbai was enough to remind me of the stuff... it was a nightmare... now i am back here, and i feel at home..... I hope all this changes in my vacation... L


The travel all in all was not that bad... but but.. well its enough to just smile and pretend!
When all in can do is stand and listen!
The travel down my memory lane was something i’ll never forget.... J
I won’t ever dare say, “I miss Mumbai.”


Comments

  1. Nevermind, better luck next time. :P
    And its not a reason to be blue and grey... come vacations and you'll have no work other than play. :)

    Best of luck in Serbia!!

    Blasphemous Aesthete

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Hi
    gal, you are giving me a tough time...its not even a week m outta mumbai n good enough that i havent missed it much...
    am living in the hope that after 3yrs i'll be home...to Mumbai...my love...
    Strange that it sonly in moments of lonliness that i feel away from everything, n most of the times, though i dont know anyone here, even strangers give company...
    hopefully i dont ditch my love in a spanof time...

    Regards,
    The Silhouette..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess i will feel that way too...now that i have hardly a few more days to go...cant imagine that my life is goin to change forever!

    Hope u have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well I know how that feels .. when the tyres touch the tarmac and the plane comes to stop heart is pounding and that nostalgic feeling with tears of joy in the eyes

    I feel them everytime ..

    You take care of urself and very soon you will be back visiting again..

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Anshul: Why are you sending me to serbia??? I am here next to poland in the west!! :P hehe :D yupp lets see :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Harsh: Am I?? No noo.. what i meant here was that after living here for few months,I have got used to being here... and i no more miss Mumbai.. You'll be back soon, and again will get used to life there :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Ria: Didn't I tell you? You were sad about your hubby leaving you, now you'll be leaving all your near and dear ones... don't worry just enjoy have fun.. :) Take beautiful memories back there with you.. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Bikram: Awwwee.. so sweet :) :) I didn't have tears but it was nice.. and the moment the plane stopped I was filled with a void! :) :) Yea right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmmm...quite weird...!!! But yeah..that also happens with some ppl wen they get back home after a long time..! Dun worry..every1 gets normal in a while...!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Do you want to leave me a note?