A golden memory....

When we sat there long ago, in woods far away from home and city..... your eyes reflected the spark of  youth. It was when you read to me, the poems of shakespeare and wordsworth that i knew you were more of a poet than a lover. It was when we saw the skyline and its changing hues, that i realised about your nature.
The rowing boat, in which i sat looking at the moon, you always turned around each time to see me deep in the mood. I wondered what it would be like to cry in here, with someone like you. To feel the security of your presence, and the warmth of your words. The melodious voice mumbling the lines of a poem. It was that time i realised, it was not you i had fallen in love with but the poet in you.

Always we discussed about our life together, swearing to make it work in the toughest of times and still be one. That was when i knew how a noble human being  you were, how much you always loved me, and how all those vows you made to me were from that poet’s heart. Lovely were your eyes. Those which told the story of the day. Teary watery when you fought a lot, tired and red when you worked hard, soft and blue always in love and mirror clear for me.  That time i realised this time was very much precious to me. Your eyes won’t always be soft and blue, overtime they would become hard and dark, with years of patience and hard work you would be someone a poet would describe to be a man in love.
How i miss those eyes of yours! There’s no way to bring you back. It was when long back you were mine, those eyes though now hard and dark were always like a mirror to me. A gateway to your soul. I sit by the lake, see the boats rowing, and changing hues of the sky, its beginning to get dark. My inner life filled with darkness does not bother about the outsides. ‘cause your eyes of a gateway, a new hope each day were no more.
Its been long dear, quite so long that now i wonder if you even remember  me. I did wrong when i left this place. I left you behind. I left this lake of love. I left all those memories  made under the tree singing, reading and talking.. L

I don’t know where you are. If you are alive, its been ten years. Now you must be 30 years old. I guess you must be married, settled someplace else. You changed your house and left no trace of your whereabouts. But i am here to get you back. This lake of love, this setting sun will bring you back my dear. I will wait, i will wait till eternity ends, i will wait forever till my life stands.
It was quite dark now. I am sitting here on the bench on the lakeside, waiting for you. I am losing faith dear, please come fast. I beg you god, i just want to see him once, just once and then i’ll be gone. I love you dear and i always have. The world is cruel and i have realised that.
The rustling of trees from the woods brought a peculiar smell of flowers and dust mixed. It was around ten o’clock when i was on the verge of losing my faith. I almost got up and was about to leave when i heard footsteps of  his.... even the strange noise of them had a peculiar feel, i could smell his presence and seee him smiling behind me.. when i turned around to see he was there, standing, the years gone had taken a toll on him and his eyes were hard and steel like, the softness in voice had gone, replaced by a husked tone which was man like, a rugged look on his face as he searched the unkown for some signs of knowledge. When i came in the distant light of the street light, his face showed nothing but astonishment. I was in tears. We came close, not sure whether the long years had brought us to love more, or just made our feelings a distant memory. Our eyes met and i could tell, how he must have longed to see me all these years. Mine was a condition conditioned with circumstances, and a bit of selfishness. His was godly and selfless.

I was very glad and ran towards him, we held each other tightly for sometime, just feeling the closeness, of being together. It was very beautiful a feeling, which we knew was but to last a few minutes. After we released eachother from the grasp, i saw in his eyes the same softness the same love and the same poet like look of years before.
I realised today, though you may grow old and tough but love remains same, and those feelings unchangeable.
We expressed our feelings, and that was not the end but just the beginning of our life together, the period of adversity was over and we had won


As it starts drizzling, we hold together each other as tight as we can, the cold winds bursting with energy... and we walk down memory lane hand in hand through the same streets we once met each other long back..

Life plays tricks but not to fall for them is the wisest thing........ 

Comments

  1. i had fallen in love with but the poet in you.
    beautifully written

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Tanvi this is beautiful, loved reading the article
    yes life plays tricks and so many of them...
    I dont know what to write really i am gobsmacked and usually i have so much to write

    the line that you said its been 10 years .. that bring memories people come and go ..

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  3. gotta agree with sm... the poet in u has this tendency to touch the deepest things in us...
    this one like other was again too touching and mesmerizing...

    tanvi.. u really shud start writing professionally.

    cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is a great poet in you. excellent and mindblowing. no words to say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a beautiful piece of write up...i was left speechless. Yes life plays its own games.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really amazing...a marvellous picture u created of those lovers...as i really liked that picture of poet...beautifully woven...in a sense all poets have no one...except their own searching eyes and tormented soul...i dont know what to say...well written...i liked it...the story and ur writing..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's beautiful..quite a lovely story, I must say. loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Penned Tanvi..I loved the last phrase..

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautifully written tanvi..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome Tanvi... you have been writing beautiful stories these days. Grown ups, of good endings, of hope. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Sm: Oh wow.. thanks a lot.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Bikramjit: Thanks a lot Bikram... thats a wonderful comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Deepika: Thats a nice compliment aweeee... Thanks a lot :) And writing yaar its well not quite possible, first I am trying to become a good doctor then the rest..anyways thanks :) I would love to though :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Ria: Hey thanks a lot... I am very glad..

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Nowhereboy: Your appreciating words are awesome.. :) Thank you..

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Neeha: Ohhh thanks a lot... The last line was just a simple line.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Rohini: Oh welcome again :) I am glad you visited me.. thanks :) I appreciate your coming and compliment.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Anshul: Its the dose of your humor playing with mee :P Thanks to you, I have developed a totally new attitude :) Thanks buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. "Life plays tricks but not to fall for them is the wisest thing"... I shall remember that.
    It's wonderful, dear Tanvi, such a nice end to such a lovely love story.. You know, probably waiting is a bane when people are in love.. and 10 years is a lonnng time.. wow! And to get back with the same intensity is like jjusst wow!

    OK, I admit I read this yesterday but was just tooo ... to comment. :) Came back today.

    Love the way you write.. just curious, is this a true story?
    Tell me na.. secretly if u wish :)
    (The dreamer in me is hoping you'll say yes, its a true story.)

    ReplyDelete
  20. this post reminded me of someone i had started to forget : )

    ReplyDelete
  21. well,, we may give up on our dreams, but our dreams manage to catch up with us.. i likey :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Punam: Its a lovely comment dear.. :) I can understand.. And its not a real story.. I know your emotions but I wish real life could be that rosy :) Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Falaxy: Welcome to my blog... Thanks for visiting mee.. :) And I am thankful for the appreciation.. :) Keep coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Jane: Yes I agree.. :) Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very nice Tanvi. Life plays trick(s) and it is hard to avoid them.

    ReplyDelete
  26. :) well written.. moving.. lovable... touched.. nice work here tanu..
    keep writing..

    ReplyDelete
  27. in the beginning I was thinking about The Norebook ...thanks for taking my imagination to lovely places :D

    very well written tanvi

    ReplyDelete
  28. Interesting... Lifes indeed tricky and the only way to play.. is by not takin it seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway LOL

    Good post Tanvi :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. @A: Thank you :) I appreciate your coming..

    ReplyDelete
  30. @Riddhiculous: Welcome to my blog :) thanks for visiting and leaving such a praising comment :) Keep coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. @Rainboy: Welcome to my space! Thanks a lot for the appreciation :) I had The Notebook in my mind too :) Keep coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. @Disgruntled: Welcome to my blog! Thanks for visiting me and praising :) And I agree :) Keep coming!

    ReplyDelete
  33. just one question: Do u copy these stories from somewhere or what..?? :P
    I mean every other day u manage to generate such a brilliant story out of ur mind..!!!! it baffles me evrytime!!
    seriously brilliant mind, u have..!! try penning down a full long story..!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. @Dhawal: How ridiculous a question is this? Whenever I post its mine and if its not I give due credits... :) :P Thanks thats a good compliment.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  36. tanvi its awsome its too heart touching that it made me cry n really u r also too awsome that i love u but as yo story had a good ending i was happy to had a nice n happy ending i dnt have much words to say as i cnt exprees more n as i nt so expressive like u bt really saying i did nt understand myself that what i felt after reading these....:(:)
    ;

    ReplyDelete
  37. I won't repeat what people had already said... just a question creeping up in my mind... is it a fiction???

    ReplyDelete
  38. @Niyati: Thanks dearie.. :)

    @Rachit: I am serious yaar this is fiction, many of the people here asked me this, believe me i am not that old to write my story nor i know someone who it might belong to... All the characters, events and places are fictional... :P :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Do you want to leave me a note?