I know you won't





However deeply I feel,
However sad I may seem,
However nice you maybe,
And however hard I may try,
I know you won’t come back.

The heart takes away years,
That have gone by,
Moments which have turned rare,
Your sweet voice that I long to hear,
Sometimes I know its but near,
Still I know we won’t cross our paths,
Even for a nano second,
You won’t come back.

I wonder about our love,
About this lovely world,
And about us,
Knowing about its end,
Forever waiting to be held,
In your hands,
 As you run away.

These all years have only brought back my smile,
The one I thought would fade away,
 had I found someone else,
I search for you in every face,
In every shadow I see,
I long to see you smile,
And I long to hear the silence,
Which your breathing disturbs,
And I drift back to the real world.

As I am thrown ahead of this time,
I visualise myself,
Sitting in dark weather,
Just about to rain,
Trees dancing,
And the rivlet flowing by,
I still wish it hadn’t ended like it did,
But somehow, anyhow I know,
You won’t come back!

Comments

  1. sad as it seems, but still, he might not be returning...

    we need to learn to let go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing..
    one of those writings which actually moved me....!!! when people don't come back, it hurts more than at the time when they leave u...!!! very nice..!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...I'm poor at understanding poems...

    Seems you are/were seriously in love...

    Lot of love related posts....

    Cheers..

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anshul: You are right :)

    @Dhawal: Oh wow I am glad :) Thanks

    @Vaisakh: I think my poems are very ordinary, I am not poet, mind you..

    And yes I am surrounded by lots of love, very lucky to have such good friends and family...
    About the post, will tell you when we catch online :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm tano... expressive hai... :) i would like to read happy posts frm you :)

    will read your blog soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Solitary writer: Sure do! You are welcome.. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes in life we get to know the importance of people when they are gone...

    All the best ...

    Bikram's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tanvi, that's a beautiful poem. Reading it made me wistful. And there is just one word in my mind.. "Why??" ~Punam

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Bikramjit: Yes, thats true... but till then its too late!

    @Punam: Thanks for appreciating. And I wish I could answer you, but I have no answer.... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Do you want to leave me a note?