....Silhouette....

THE STRANGE STRANGER

Today when I opened my diary, I read the entry of a strange encounter with a strange stranger. Felt like sharing it. So here it is.

Just last year in May when I was waiting to board a flight to Beijing in Thailand a strange thing happened. I was on Bangkok airport (Survarnabhumai intl. airport) with my parents and some family friends. It was around 7-30am, we were sitting in a cafe. I was curiously watching every single person on the airport.
There were office professionals wearing black suits, then flight personnel, air-hostesses (Qatar airway’s airhostesses are damn beautiful) and common regular people. I was gazing around and noting the busy activity while sipping my coffee when I saw a man.


Old aged, average built, strong hazy eyes, wearing a cap, and in black patchy jacket. He was sitting alone in a corner, watching everybody with a strange enticing expression. He very much belonged to the place in view of his looks, but his face told a story away million miles. Dressed in rugged clothes and carrying a big bag, he appeared to be poor. His eyes moved from face to face inquisitively. He was unhappy, I could make that out.
But in such a busy place who the hell has time to help people like him. Then at once, I was astonished to see tides of change in his eyes so clearly. He was not happy; he was looking as if things have changed around him a lot and unexpectedly in the last half an hour.

(Imagine) I was awestruck to see his eyes, explaining me more than anything else just a though coming around the scene again and again, telling just one thing, “Unexpected Change!” it was so special a thing to see and that also in a stranger.
He was feeling as if he is sitting some ten years in future, acting as if am seeing a science fiction movie. The tuning in his eyes matched my imagination of an old man standing outside his home in the year 2050 and digesting the very thought of changes in and around his house.

Just after I was called by my mum and when I came back he was nowhere to be seen. Strange I thought, and went back to my mum........

Comments

  1. interesting but weird..!!!
    dint get the crux of it though..!!
    btw,ur speed of writing the posts is amazing..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is weird and amazing at the same time...:)
    My speed :P :P C'mon yaar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strange stranger indeed...Reminds me of the video from the Song by Creed. It too had an old man, with a little different eyes. Blind but not blind.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think i have heard that song :)
    And this stranger was indeed one of his kind, not blind but made me blind :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i bet he didn't see the future as clearly as you did.. And i bet if anyone was looking into your eyes at that moment, he/she might have a different story to tell... a story amazing and weird.. and maybe much more.. :)

    My point is the well accepted statement itself which i can confidently say is true in this case. "Beauty lies in the....."[not going to complete it.. have my reasons]

    Loved reading it. Love the way you look at the world. "I will see more of it soon!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. funny how these strangers leave a mark and stay as part of others lives...

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah...seriously ur speed of posting articles n poems is really amazing...!!!
    hope it continues throughout ur degree...!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Wishv: Yeah i am waiting for you to complete the line..... Hope to get it myself though. And i am glad you liked it.

    @Wise donkey: Its not funny, its strange. Thanks for visiting

    @Dhawal: Its gonna change soon. My studies will start and i won't have time in these next few months. I'll manage somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sometimes you just connect with someone dont you?

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Raj: Yes its very strange and thats what makes me curious.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Do you want to leave me a note?